Lifetime Learning Programme (PLLP)
Project will involve you in reviewing and comparing the antibiotic preparations
available in your practice and writing a brief report.
Your report will count as 10 Continuing
Education points towards your annual PLLP target of 90 points, and
Provet will send you an appraisal of your Entry. The best entries will be judged
and you may win an Award !
Write a brief report to include the following :
- A table of all the antibiotic products that you
stock, and which species they are indicated for use in
- Compare your list of products with a current
veterinary formulary and determine :
- Are there any types of antibiotic drugs
available which have different modes of action to the ones stocked by
your practice ?
- Do your stock lines contain antibiotic drugs
with the same mode of action ?
List any side-effects mentioned in
the datasheets of the products that you stock
Should old animals undergo routine
screening prior to the use of some of these drugs ? If so, say which drugs
and what screening should be done.
- Conclude whether any changes in your stocking or
recommended antibiotic drug use protocols are needed
- Make any other comments that you would like
completed send the report by email (in .doc format) to the Course Organiser:
For more information about the Provet Lifetime
Learning Programme :