A contact and ingested soil-applied organophosphorous insecticide; also used for treating lice, ticks and other ectoparasites. Available commercially in the form of concentrated liquid emulsions and granules.
For etiology, clinical features, lesions, treatment and investigations, see Organophosphorous compounds .


[toxic.gif] Toxicity
Oral doses in mg/kg or concentrations in mg/l:
LD50 rats 10 - 39
  chickens 29
  rabbits 180 400
  dogs > 12000
  sheep, goats 71
MTD cattle 22
LC50 (24 h) fish 0.36