A selective, persistent, contact and stomach poison insecticide, used particularly against larvae. Acts by disrupting chitin synthesis and deposition, preventing the hatching of insect eggs.


[affected.gif] Animals most affected
Cattle, dogs.


[etiology.gif] Etiology
Direct ingestion of the product.


[toxic.gif] Toxicity
Compound of low toxicity.
Oral doses in mg/kg:
LD50 rats >4640
  rabbits >4000
TD dogs 160 mg/kg daily for 6 weeks (causing a mild methaemoglobinaemia)



[clinical.gif] Clinical features and lesions
No cases of poisoning have been reported with this product. Direct ingestion does not appear to have any pathological effect.